Sunday, February 17, 2013

WWE John Cena Fan Art

Sitting Duck_Acrylic
This is a dated painting of WWE wrestler John Cena as a "Sitting Duck". At the time I created this piece, John Cena became the target of insults from the fans, who didn't accept him as their champion and the face of the company.

PROCESS:

Sketch of Duck

Sketch of Target and duck feet

Final Line drawing


Color Studies
I began by sketching the Duck and the Background target separately, which makes it easier to move the elements around and compose them the best way possible. Once I decide the right placement for things I create a final line drawing and later do some color studies.

PAINTING PROCESS:






My crowded workspace
I begin with an uder painting, basically applying thin glazes of acrylic paint. This is a road map where I solve all the value and color problems. Once This is done I apply thick paint, working from background to foreground.





 

 
Finished painting

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment